Skip to main content

Sunsplash Attractions Rated by How Many Batemans Enjoyed Them

This image of the castle at Golfland/Sunsplash is from:
 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/The_Castle_at_Golfland-Sunsplash.jpg.

 
Hello!

Today, my family went to Sunsplash's more affordable night hours. As it turns out, waterparks are much more pleasant between 6 and 10 PM. We tested out many cool attractions, and a few that we were less enthusiastic about. In order to gauge whether these attractions are worth it, I have rated them based on how many Batemans (out of 4) would recommend them. My ratings are based largely on the conversations we had after each ride, and I did not adhere to the strict rules of quantitative science. If you would like to check out these rides for yourself, you can get more information at Sunsplash's attractions page.

Dragon Tail Slides: 4/4 Batemans would recommend.

  • This is a closed tube slide very clearly intended for younger children. Even if you feel brave and comfortable on this slide, you may be unprepared for scarier slides.
  • The slide experience is much faster when lying down. 
Bonzi Speed Slides: 1/4 Batemans would recommend.
  • I was the only member of my family who enjoyed this ride.
  • This slide goes straight down at a very fast speed. Riders are required to ride shoeless while riding with their legs crossed and their hands behind their heads.
  • This may be slightly TMI, but you will get a wedgie on this slide. Also, some family members reported getting water in their ears/nose.
  • One of my family members went down this slide three times, despite not enjoying it. However, this individual told me to tell you that they don't always exercise the best judgement.
Lazy River: A solid "meh" from 4/4 Batemans
  • Very boring, and very crowded
  • It's a lazy river. What do you expect?
Thunder Bay Wavepool: A relatively unenthusiastic "neat" from 4/4 Batemans
  • For Sunsplash's "centerpiece attraction", the wavepool is very unexciting.
  • The most unexpected moment was when water was blasted from water cannons at the deep end of the pool. 
Thunder Falls Slide: 4/4 Batemans would recommend.
  • A slightly scary ride with a few bumps
  • The most frightening thing about this ride is the long ascent to the top.
Splashwater Harbor Slides: 4/4 Batemans would recommend
  • These are moderate slides that you can ride alone, or in pairs (like we did).
  • The slide that you ride with white tubes pushes you upward on a few bumps, which requires some bottom-lifting on your part in order to avoid scraping yourself on the slide.
  • We had a small snafu in which I went down the slide on the tube, while the other Bateman wound up initially going down without a tube.
Stormrider: 3/4 Batemans would recommend.
  • This ride starts out as a slide with a sharp drop, and then takes you down into a cyclone-shaped portion where you spin around.
  • I initially refused to go on this ride because of motion sickness, but I was fine. 
  • Definitely the scariest ride we attempted, but 3/4 of us were pleasantly surprised.
Best wishes,
Lydia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of the Hardest Days of My Life

Bonjour! Today has honestly been one of the hardest days of my life. My host mom encouraged me to leave my homestay quickly, which somehow led to me deciding to leave the house without using the restroom or filling my water bottle. I left the house at 8:15 AM, and made it to the métro after some small hiccups. On the métro, I accidentally went one stop too far, but it wasn't a big deal because the stops were really close together. I was running a little late for the day's 9:30 AM start time, but I wasn't too worried because it was only a ten minute walk. And then, I somehow got horrifically lost. I found myself wandering Paris, hopelessly trying to find my study abroad program's office and feeling absolutely horrid. I finally arrived at about 10:50 AM. I felt terrible, not only because of my miserable experience, but because the program staff and my host mom were worried about me. To be honest, I still feel as though I am a disorganized and monstrous being. A warm...

Blogging Every Day in August: A Directory of 30 Posts

Hello! I hope that you are all doing well! This month, I set out to write a blog post every day, and, if you are reading this blog post, I have succeeded in that goal. I imagine that future blog readers will not want to sort through 31 days worth of consecutive blog posts in order to figure out which content might be most interesting to them. So, hopefully, this post can act as a launchpad, and allow you to explore whichever blog posts from this month might capture your interests. Here is a roundup of this month's blog posts. I am including a short summary of each blog post, and who I think would enjoy each post. Tarot Reflections from the Yurts of MFC : I include snippets from my daily tarot draws while I was working as a counselor at Mountain Friends Camp. Ideal for people who like tarot, summer camp, or both. Desperately Trying to Hack My Sleep Schedule : I talk about the different methods that I have used to improve my sleep, how well they have worked, and whether I...

Grouchy Lydia Returns: A Tale of Tiredness

Image of a cartoon, faceless man resting his head on a stack of books at his desk. This image is from the Wikimedia Commons , and it is attributed to Peggy and Marco Lachmann-Anke [CC0]. Hello! I am very tired! My sleeping schedule has slowly deteriorated over two weeks. At first, I kept on sleeping through my 7:30-8 AM alarm, but I consistently woke up by 8:30 AM. Tired of not reaching my goals, I figured "Well, okay, I'll just move my wakeup time to 8-8:30 AM". I'm not sure where I strategized incorrectly here, but I found myself gradually waking up later and later. Since I was waking up later, I found myself struggling to go to sleep. How could I, when I had only been awake for very long and I had been doing nothing physically or emotionally strenuous all day? My problems came to a head when I woke up just before 11 AM on Thursday. "Ugh, fine, I've had enough of this. I'll just take Melatonin tonight!" I decided in a cloud of rage. ...